Saturday, November 21, 2009

NO MORE CUSTOMS

So I've decided for definite today after realizing spending over a $1000 on a project for Art Basel that I'm not gonna finish in time cause I'm either invited to participate with a month or less before the due date... that I'm not doing any more customs for shows. I don't care who asks. If I'm not contacted along with the 1st round of "name" artists by now in my career, I got no time for it. Unless I'm informed 6 months in advance AND supplied with the platform, count me out. I'm tired of getting rushed, going in debt and splitting the profits of all MY hard work. 50/50 profit split... yeahhhhh, I bet. The only reason I do these shows is for publicity. I'm just gonna start paying magazines to print promo ads for Wasted Talent. I won't do comissions either... EVER!

I gotta few more custom toy shows left in the year and few more customs in general and then I won't be customizing toys after Jan 2010. I wanted to be a clothing designer, I never intended to even design toys and be a "gallery" artist. My life kinda just went down that path, but 2010 will be the year of the prototype. I'll be working on designing my very own 1st production toy next year. I already drew up a rough draft. New shirts should be releasing in January too with a bunch of other cool shit. Hopefully we'll have introduced the new team properly and Wasted Talent will be considered as a team rather than 1 man.

And yeah, my birthday is in 4 days... I think I'm getting another gold tooth with diamonds in the the shape of a heart, cause some asshole threw mine away last year. Let's hope with the lack of my NY friends, my birthday can still be as full of sin as I'm used too, but I highly doubt it...

No comments: