Friday, August 14, 2009

It was a long morning..

So it's 4am and I'm customizing a skateboard for an upcoming show and this dude Task is cutting a skatebord with a razor for whatever reason he was and like a knucklehead, he was cutting towards himself and did this...











So blood starts pouring out his hand and he's like, "I think I need stitches. We need to go to the hospital." We got a ride from our good Rasta friend from S. Africa to the hospital. Knowing I'd be in there for a while I brought my arts and crafts with me and painted in the waiting room.









They told us we had to wear these face masks cause that was the new rule. I was like the only one in there. I ended up falling asleep due to me being up for almost 48 hours and I was snoring so loud to the point that the lady at the desk almost told me to wake up. I was woken up by my sewn up friend and we started walking home all the way from Berkeley. We stopped at the mall to get something to eat, then we got some spray paint at Home Depot to contribute some art at the BMX/skate park down the block from us and this dude's bandage turns all red then started profusely dripping blood down his arm all over the place, so I ran and got some napkins out the nearest Starbucks as I was coming back to him he revealed the cut from the bandage to see why it's bleeding like this and the shit started squirting out blood like a fountain!!! I froze up and stood there in awe as he plugged it up with his index finger and he was like, "well gimme the fuckin' napkins man!" So I ran back to get more napkins and by the time I came back the whole area look like somebody just got murdered. He took all the spray paint out of the Home Depot bag and told me to put the paint in my backpack so he can wrap his hand up in the bag so he wouldn't bleed all over the cab as we definitely had to go back to hospital AGAIN. He didn't wanna pay for an ambulance, so we called a cab and waited like a half hour while his hand was filling up this plastic bag. The cab finally got there, when I got in I noticed a strong smell of paint and I immediately knew what happened. One of the caps fell off a can it started spraying in my bag 'til it was almost half empty and I had green paint all over my jeans, the inside of my whole backpack and my hands were equally as green as his were red... GREAT! Story of my life. So we get there, the place is full and it looks like the end of the world with everybody's mask on, we wait another half hour while this dude has his hand in a plastic bag full of blood, starting to get real pale and looking like he was about to pass out. So I'm like what the fuck? I said out loud "so what happens if you walk in holding your severed right hand in your left hand, they gonna make you wait this long too?" and the dumb bitch at the desk gave me a dirty look like my comment wasn't appropriate for the moment. Like I aint the fucking best or something! So finally some hot spanish nurse with a brain comes over cause she saw how pale he was getting and got him sewn back up AGAIN. I went outside and laid down on a bench and went to sleep for the time being 'til he came out and found me. The nurse said the stitch probably rubbed against his artery in his finger and broke it open. That explains the blood fountain. So we're finally done with that, we walked home AGAIN, my feet are killing me cause I didn't realize we'd even be walking at all. I probably wouldn't of brought the skateboard and wore my good sneakers if I'd known, but we finally got home at like 12pm and I went to sleep like a baby. I also sent out my custom BUKA to LA in the midst of all that too. It was a longggggg morning. Got my boy Santiago here. About to get hella smoove and get back to work...

1 comment:

jeff f. said...

HELLAH EPIC STORY! FUHHH. hope your homie is all good